Pages

Feb 12, 2009

The Next Best Thing...



I confess, I am a mascara junkie and an electronic gadget junkie!

I am currently trying to make up my mind on a cell phone upgrade. While researching cell phones I found a few cool applications I thought would add nicely to my "must have everything" application craze. Nirvino, Pocket Cocktails, and 101 cookbooks.
Food & Drinks! What could be better!

Nirvino is the easiest way to find great beer, wine, and cocktails on the Internet!

Review and map out your favorite drinks. Find the best drinks and happy hour specials in your area. See what and where your friends are drinking. Get all of the information you need to make an informed purchasing decision with just one click. If the Nirvino Rating says a drink is great, look no further!

You can access Nirvino from your iPhone, Treo, Blackberry,cellphone. They've got over 100,000 food pairing recommendations for all types of cuisine. Search for a perfect drink to go with your favorite dish! Do you love drinks with 'hints of rosemary' or 'bright green apple'? You can find them at Nirvino. They've got hundreds of thousands of flavor profile recommendations for every aroma.

Nirvino, available free for all Web-enabled mobile devices, has been described as "Yelp meets Wine Spectator." In addition to compiling professional reviews, the service also lists amateur ratings, decoding wine assessments into evaluations everyone can understand. Last summer, the service added beer and cocktails, relying on location-aware technology to help users find the highest-rated bars nearby.

As Conde Nast Portfolio put it... it's "A Concierge in the Palm of Your Hand"!

I think I've made up my mind on my new phone device upgrade...as for the mascara, right now I love Diorshow Iconic Mascara in Noir...but I'm always looking for the next best thing!

No comments: