Pages

Nov 5, 2008

National Philanthropy Awards Luncheon in Sacramento





The California Capital Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals was proud to recognize the incredible acts of generosity of this years honorees at the 23rd Annual National Philanthropy Day awards luncheon held at the Sacramento Convention Center. The individuals and organizations recognized today model the significance and impact of philanthropy in our region. Their leadership, selflessness and vision are commendable.

With guest MC, KCRA Channel 3's Edie Lambert, today's luncheon was well planned and sent out heartfelt messages of community awareness and giving.

Award Recipients

Outstanding Philanthropists: Grant & Grace Noda
Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser: Garry Maisel, President & CEO of Western Health Advantage
Outstanding Grant Maker: Sutter Health Medical Center Sacramento
Outstanding Grant Maker: United Auburn Indian Community Giving Fund
Outstanding Fundraising Professional: Liz Bergeron - Executive Director of the Pacific Crest Trail Association
Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy: Amy Oettle - USC Junior/UCP Sacramento/Saddle Pals
Lifetime Achievement Award: Stan Atkinson

Congratulations to all!

I left feeling great about what we do as a community to help those in need. My mind was spinning with thoughts and ideas and needed to get home to jot some things down before I forgot.... Leaving the Sheraton Grand/Public parking garage on 13th & J Street I was handed my receipt...$13.50 for 2 hours of parking. OUCH! I've paid less in SF for Parking! There went my warm fuzzy feeling of giving back to the community!

Now back at home, I am reminded that there are things more important than complaining about a ridiculous parking fee. And so, I begin my planning for my next events... Parking will be free! :-)

Happy Fundraising!

No comments: