Pages

Aug 21, 2008

Peter Franus Wine Tasting at 58 Degrees & Holding Company






What a fun evening at 58 Degrees & Holding Company tasting Peter Franus wines! For those of you who have been to 58 Degrees & Holding Company you know they do a great job with their tastings - a bit crowded, but always fun. We were lucky enough to get some comfy seats in the back corner which makes it easier to talk and enjoy each others company.

The Peter Franus line up-
SAUVIGNON BLANC
NAPA VALLEY ZINFANDEL
BRANDLIN VINEYARD ZINFANDEL
NAPA VALLEY CABERNET SAUVIGNON
BRANDLIN VINEYARD MOURVÈDRE

All very very good but, the favorites of the evening were the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Brandlin Vineyard Zinfandel. Mmmmmm, a nice grilled burger and a bottle of Peter Franus Cab and you're set for a flavor extravaganza!

We then moved on to Aioli for dinner in their garden patio. I truly felt as though we were in Europe dining alfresco in a quaint garden. Well, until the plate of sardines came to our table....hey, I tried them. They were not bad, but I don't think I will be putting them at the top of my list of favorites! Hmmm, I think I'll go back to dreaming about my grilled burger and Peter Franus Cab!

Good wine, good food, and good friends. What more could you ask for?...

No comments: